THIS IS NOT
Season Four may be ending, there may be no more episodes in the
can, but that doesn't mean we have seen the last of Farscape.
Inspired by the ground-breaking efforts of Scapers worldwide, The
Viewer Consortium, Inc. (TVC) is working to get the fans what they
want. TVC's mission is to raise the level of viewer involvement
in television programming decisions, particularly the cancellation
or extension of shows. As a non-profit corporation, TVC can give
viewers access to long-term, advanced solutions that have been previously
unavailable. Viewer financing is but one of those solutions.
Project One...Renew Farscape. TVC is already working with the Farscape
viewers to broker deals among networks, production companies, and
advertisers, and otherwise facilitate the production of Season Five.
This may involve TVC becoming financially involved in one or more
of the following:
* Partnering with The Jim Henson Comapny to produce the show.
* Partnering with a U.S. network to license a 5th season of the
* Partnering with an international group of networks (for example
BBC and SpaceTV) to co-license a 5th season. The show would then
one day be available in the U.S. via future licensing, syndication,
* Partnering with certain advertisers to secure a 5th season through
Those are just a few of the possibilities. To help TVC's efforts,
which rely on the strength of viewer support, visit the new website
Discussion forums have been recently added, and TVC hopes to hear
discussion from viewers on such topics as their role in the TV industry,
the Farscape Project, and many other projects, such as:
* Creating hybrid public/private production companies and networks.
* Working with advertisers to enhance the effectiveness of their
campaigns through supporting the priorities of viewer groups.
* Developing alternative television ratings systems.
* Producing a publication with a focus on viewer interaction with
the TV industry.
* Joining other viewer groups to work on other shows like Farscape.
More contact information for TVC is included at the bottom of this
There is also a unique internet pledge petition, The Farscape Fund
Petition at http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/FarscapeFund/
to demonstrate support for viewer-financing and the production of
more Farscape. The pledge total is over $260,000, and one does not
have to pledge to sign. Anyone who signs this petition will be contacted
as soon as a promising 5th season negotiation is in the works.
TVC urges supporters to at least sign the petition, but also contact
TVC through one of the following methods. Quick, coordinated action
by the viewers may be necessary to save Farscape.
Here's how to contact TVC:
* Visit the website at http://theviewerconsortium.com/.
* E-mail your comments, suggestions and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Join the Renew Farscape mailing list by e-mailing to email@example.com
or by writing to
The Renew Farscape Project of
The Viewer Consortium, Inc.
3702 S Virginia St. Ste. G12
Reno, NV 89502-6030.
"We know the viewers aren't giving up on Farscape. Neither
is TVC. We can renew the show if we all work together."